Sunday, March 13, 2011

5 Days -- Countdown to ELWA

Sunday rambling....

11:30am   I have literally worked up a sweat this morning as I finish gathering, bundling and packing.  It looks like it's all going to fit nicely.  It seems like the 'todo' list doesn't diminish, but the items on the list are getting less crucial.

I'm about $300 in the hole right now....trusting God to provide.  I would like to purchase a couple more items to take with me....trying to figure out how to come up with another $100-200.   So many have been generous already---I'm so grateful!!   Please know that every penny donated toward my trip goes directly toward supplies and gifts and $$ donations for Liberia and ELWA---none of it is for my personal expenses.

I still have not received my passport/visa -- it should come tomorrow according to FedEx.   Please pray with me that all the documents are in order.

I had a chance to talk with SG from the high school where I work last week.   He was born in Liberia and lived through the civil war.  He wants me to bring him a Liberian flag from Liberia.  I so wish I could take him with me!

Here is a great video about the work that EMAUSA is doing in Liberia.  It is long, but worth the watch!  I am still collecting money for scholarships for Liberian children to attend school.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWrnFNRFFH0     You can follow this ministry on Facebook (ELWA Ministries Association USA)  or at their website:  http://www.elwamausa.org.   You can make donations directly to the scholarship fund on the website.

Something in Pastor Brady's sermon stuck out to me this morning.  (Of course, my interpretation of what he said.)   When the powerful become humble, they can empower the powerless!!    I'm meditating on that today.   In Liberia, some powerful people became proud and caused destruction to the country.   Now, we're seeing some humble people use the power they have been given to give life and power to Liberians who were almost destroyed by the war.

7:00pm  One last trip to Goodwill and Walmart this afternoon; weighed the suitcases, visited with Mom for a little bit and now sitting with my feet up.   I have a full week at work---much to do before I wrap up work Thursday afternoon!  

Here is a picture taken last year by Annette--a fellow ELWAKid---on her visit.  I love the symbolism she saw in this fallen tree that refuses to lie down and die.  Here are her words....

This tree reminds us even though there is so much 'cut down' in Liberia or even in our own lives, with God's nourishment, LIFE is still there, and fruit will still grow.











....just passing through.....
Robin



1 comment:

  1. Love your postings, Robin. One week from today for me, and I'm still trying to figure out the suitcases and space. Can't wait to be there with you and the others, serving together, watching what God wants to do! Judy

    ReplyDelete